You're welcome! Jeff's been very helpful to the Altec community. He was the first to respond to a query when I got online and the late Bill Eckle second.
Yeah, me too. Dr. Geddes drives DIYers and boutique vendors 'up the wall' when he states that even cheap HT amps are so good/clean, etc., that they're a non entity in today's high SQ, etc., world, just a commodity like toilet paper, so no need to pay for more specs than needed for the app.
GM
- - - Updated - - -
802, 808 are rated for 500 Hz/30 W and personally have used them at 300 Hz/7.5 W.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
For sure...
Does @bfish still haunt up this place?
I remember he supplied a very useful link for co-axial design.
Further down the article is discussed ?shading? and the potential destructive interference based on the size of the inset horn. Interesting!
http://www.jblpro.com/pub/technote/P...20TechNote.pdf
Sadly, no; he drifted away not long? after your build and we kept in touch for some years, then nothing I can remember beyond a PM in 2010 when he sent me this even though periodically try to find him:![]()
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Bummer! I see it fine in both my post and yours, so don't know how to correct it. Anyway, it's him holding a big fish he'd just caught.
That said, beginning the other night I quit getting updates, only to find them in the SPAM folder as it's now coming from a different a different source that Google doesn't recognize, so wondering if I'm FUBAR'd somehow and Avast Antivirus didn't catch it. I posted on the HELP DESK, but no response yet: HostBoard<[email protected]>
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.
Bookmarks